2020 Monthly Assignments:
- January: White
- February: Perspective
- March: Food & Drink
- April: Your Specialty
- May: Intentional Camera Movement
- June: Abandoned
- July: Windows & Doors
- August: Seascapes
- September: Panorama
- October: Macro/Up Close
- November: Peace
- December: Finish
Each month, we choose a theme and encourage all members to take photos based on their interpretation of these theme. The subject matter is intentionally vague: this gives members the opportunity to creatively interpret & pursue the assignment at their own time and pace. Assignments are meant to encourage members to explore their creativity, and should be taken in the month the assignment is scheduled. For example, photos taken in January would be ineligible for our February “Winter Activities” theme. We encourage members to think outside of the box: many of the assignments do not have to be taken literally. We’re always intrigued by the wide variety of submissions!
Don’t think for a minute that your photos may not be ‘good enough’! We encourage all members of all levels of expertise to share assignment shots. After all, sharing photos with your colleagues is one of the best ways to hone your photographic talents!
At monthly meetings, we’ll discuss the last month’s assignment, and members can share constructive criticism, questions about each other’s photos, and hear about how and where the shot was taken.
To submit your photo:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “#monthlytopic“
- Attach your files (maximum 3 photos per month, per member). Files should be at least 2000x1000px, and no larger than 3-4MB each.
- Please make the file names identifiable, ex. “JaneSmith1.jpg, JaneSmith2.jpg”, etc.
- For monthly “open” submissions, the process is the same, but use the subject line “#monthlyopen“